Lumir is suitable for any space that needs better acoustics: e.g. schools, kindergartens, agencies, hospitals, offices, hotels, restaurants, churches and cultural institutions can all benefit from reduced reverberation.
Reverberation is caused when sound reflects from surfaces.
- Reverberation is affected by the shape and materials of a room or space.
- Materials that absorb sound can shorten the reverberation time.
- Absorption coefficient α is used to describe how materials affect the reverberation time.
- If a surface absorbs sounds well the value of α is 1, and if the absorption is poor then the value of α is 0.
- Absorption value varies with frequency.
Lumir improves the usability of a space
Acoustics have an impact on the usability and comfort of spaces, on how we work, concentrate and understand. Good acoustics may go completely unnoticed – poor acoustics such as too strong reverberation can make a space useless.
If a surface has poor sound absorption, it reflects the sound back into the space making the reverberation time long. This in turn makes it very difficult to understand speech and has a negative effect on working, learning and comfort. That’s why poor acoustics is a waste of time and money.
Lumir acoustics are created using a Lumir Board bottom plate that absorbs low frequencies and a Lumir acoustic coating that absorbs high frequencies. The surface is hard and durable unlike a wool panel surface.
Natural acoustics based on science
- Lumir’s products are developed by highly educated scientists from the fields of materials science and acoustics
- Lumir aims to produce the highest quality acoustic solutions in the world that are also visually appealing